The purpose of this position is to perform essential professional archival work in support of the Gallery Archives. The incumbent is responsible for supporting the Gallery Archives program in creating and managing its records surveys and schedules and in providing records management guidance to Gallery offices. The incumbent assists with preserving records in all physical forms, and interpreting Gallery history through various communication channels including the internet.Learn more about this agency
As an Archivist, you will:
- Manages institution-wide records surveying and scheduling processes based on best archival and records management practices and established standards.
- Assists the Chief and Deputy Chief of Gallery Archives with appraising institutional records in all media of temporary and permanent value, following professional protocols and guidance, and internal criteria.
- Maintains an institution-wide records disposition schedule that accounts for Gallery records of short-term and long-term value in all media.
- Serves as liaison with Gallery offices and assists with training Gallery staff in records creation, maintenance, and disposition.
- Processes (arranges and describes) Gallery records of permanent value in all media, according to best archival practices and internal written guidelines.
- Works with internal and external researchers, including on-site researchers, and responds to written reference inquiries following professional practices and internal standards
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584898300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.