Come work for the USPTO, we have been ranked as one of the best places to work in the federal government! The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has been serving the economic interests of America for more than 200 years. We are responsible for granting US intellectual property rights for patents and trademarks. The USPTO is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and has over 12,000 employees. For more information about the USPTO, please visit the USPTO Jobs Website.Learn more about this agency
Please read carefully before applying for this job posting as the qualification requires specialized experience and knowledge in Intellectual Property (IP) including Patents and/or Trademarks.
During the current period of mandatory telework required by the Agency’s COVID-19 response, telework will be mandatory. When it is determined the Agency will be moving to the reopening phase, the expectation will be to physically return to the office at the USPTO – Texas Regional Office. Telework days and any required waiting period for eligibility will be determined at that time.
This position is located in the Office of the Undersecretary and Director, Texas Regional office, USPTO.
The employee is responsible for the development, planning, integration, coordination and execution of the outreach plan consistent with intellectual property, particularly patents and trademarks, needs of the stakeholder community for the Texas Regional Office (TXRO). The employee of this position...
- Plans, organizes and executes outreach events and programs in accordance with a strategic regional outreach plan supporting major USPTO missions, projects, programs, strategies, and government initiatives from the Department of Commerce. Hosts and/or participates in regular meetings with headquarters and other regional offices on best practices and overall enhancements of outreach programs across the agency, helping foster seamless coordination between the regional offices and headquarters.
- Develops, implements, and documents statistics regarding an Outreach Plan that results in meetings with at least 200 TXRO stakeholders annually, generally equally distributed throughout the TXRO states and in the distribution of stakeholder types established by the agency.
- Coordinates and facilitates meetings with inventors, business and legal stakeholders, educational institutions, staff of local/state political leaders.
- Proposes a Regional Outreach Plan and in cooperation with Alexandria Headquarters and the other Regional Offices, manages website communications, promotions, marketing, social media, and the TXRO outreach team..
- Prepares materials in support of outreach efforts and target audiences in accordance with the Outreach Plan.
- Prepares the Assistant Regional Director and Regional Director in advance of speaking engagements and is responsible for creating, coordinating and updating presentation materials and talking points.
- Speaks to a variety of regional audiences, including educational institutions, government organizations, non-profit organizations, inventor and industry groups, and members of the public seeking USPTO services or information.
- Prepares responses for Executive review to information requests from the news media and specialized and general public on USPTO’s programs in written and oral form.
Occasional travel - Selectee may be required to travel to USPTO - Alexandria, VA Headquarters, other regional offices, and events in the region, on occasion.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584886500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.