What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
GS-12: $76,721 (Step 01) to $99,741 (Step 10);
NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
This position and is being advertised concurrently with the following announcements:
Open to current or former Federal employees: USGS-DEN-21-10961404-ST-BWB
As a Research Ecologist/Fisheries Biologist within the Missouri Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, some of your specific duties will include:
Consistent with the mission of the Cooperative Research Unit program, successful candidates require a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, working collaboratively and productively with stakeholders and outside partners for science application and decision support. Supporting a vibrant research program, successful candidates are effective in securing and administering funds to strengthen and diversify the academic program in fisheries and aquatic sciences at the University of Missouri host university in its mission to educate future professionals and, in doing so, expand the national capacity of applied fisheries and aquatic science.
- Plans, conducts, and directs research related to fisheries or ecological resources, with application to contemporary science, policy and management needs.
- Conducts research that is cooperator driven and provides scientific basis for management and policy decisions.
- Serves as subject matter expert in fish and wildlife ecology, providing leadership and guidance to government and private agencies and university representatives through participation in meetings, conferences and work groups.
- Disseminate research results via final reports, peer reviewed print scientific journals, online scientific journals, books, book chapters or other outlets. Make presentations on findings to scientific and conservation organizations.
- Serves as graduate faculty member, contributing to both the research, graduate student mentorship, and teaching mission of the university.
- Operates a government vehicle as an incidental driver.
25% or less - Overnight travel of an average of up to 5 nights per month may be required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584716900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.