The Division of Investment Management (IM) works to support the SEC in its mission to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation. IM regulates investment companies, variable insurance products, and federally registered investment advisers.Learn more about this agency
IM's Disclosure Review and Accounting Office is seeking to fill one Supervisory Attorney-Adviser (Branch Chief) position in Washington, DC.
- Analyzes and reviews investment company filings submitted pursuant to the provisions of the Investment Company Act, Investment Advisers Act, Securities Act and Exchange Act.
- Prepares responses to correspondence, filings, and other inquiries with the Division.
- Assists other offices in resolving issues related to specific disclosure documents and the applicability of the regulatory provisions of the Investment Company Act.
- Supervises the review of filings submitted by investment companies to register the companies and their shares, interests in certain insurance contracts registered as securities, annual updates to registration statements, proxy provisions.
- Provides companies with written and oral comments on the filings to ensure that the filings comply with applicable securities laws.
- Keeps cognizant of current developments and industry trends as they affect the program area.
- Carries out supervisory duties, such as performance management, training, awards, and recruitment; keeping employees informed regarding the policies, procedures, and goals of the Commission as they relate to their work on assigned projects.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584641100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.