The purpose of this position is to provide reference and research services in transportation and related subjects, to provide library and bibliographic instruction for and stakeholder feedback to departmental staff in BTS, OST-R, USDOT, the national transportation community and the general public, and to engage in outreach activities to the Department, stakeholders, and broader transportation community in support of the first two goals.Learn more about this agency
As a Librarian (Reference and Outreach Services), you will:
- Assist in managing Public Services for the National Transportation Library, including all Reference Services for general public and internal agency customers.
- Develop and execute outreach programs and services for NTL stakeholders to be delivered by the NTL Reference Team.
- Develop and implement online research tools and training resources that increase access to information and that support transportation policy, research, operations, and technology transfer activities.
- Instruct clientele, either individually or in groups, in effective research methods and techniques, and in the use of information resources.
- Collaborate with librarians in State Departments of Transportation, University Transportation Centers, non-profits, and the private sector to identify appropriate subject areas for bibliographic instruction and works with them to develop instructional materials and online training resources including webinars, short videos and FAQs.
The ideal candidate is a professional with experience providing reference and research services and providing library and bibliographic instruction for stakeholder feedback to departmental staff.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584611400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.