OIG is organized into seven operational units: the Immediate Office of the Inspector General, Office of the Counselor, Office of Audits and Evaluations (OAE), Office of Healthcare Inspections, Office of Investigations, Office of Management and Administration, and Office of Special Reviews. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 60 locations throughout the country.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesThese vacancies can be filled in any of the following VAOIG locations throughout the country: Arlington, VA; Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Bay Pines, FL; Hines, Illinois; San Diego, CA; Seattle, WA; Dallas, TX; Salt Lake City, UT; Aurora, CO; Baltimore, MD; Los Angeles, CA; Kansas City, MO; Bedford, MA; or Washington, DC.
The incumbent serves as a Supervisory Auditor (Performance), located in the Office of Audits & Evaluations, Quality Assurance Division. As such, the incumbent develops, organizes, oversees, and manages OAE’s component of the GAO and CIGIE External Peer Reviews, annual Quality Assurance Plan, Quality Control Reviews, and Independent Referencing Reviews.
As a Supervisory Auditor (Performance), you will:
- Assist in the coordination and prioritization of performance audit work in consideration of risks, vulnerabilities, stakeholder requests, financial impact and the potential to make recommendations that can lead to positive improvements in services to veterans
- Analyze OAE projects, including recommendations by VA officials and other stakeholders; develop assessments on program effectiveness within OAE’s infrastructure, programs, and processes, while ensuring compliance with GAO’s Yellow Book and CIGIE I&E standards; and draft reports on results of reviews containing appropriate recommendations to improve audit operations
- Identify and help assess mission-critical issues, programs and functions, and drafts recommendations for improvements, organizational changes, corrective actions, and internal controls
- Assist in conducting external peer reviews and quality control reviews of other Government agency (OGA) audit and inspection/evaluation activities, and work with OGA staff who conduct external reviews of OAE operations, in accordance with the CIGIE schedules
- Identify cross-cutting and systemic issues impacting OAE‘s compliance with Government Auditing Standards and CIGIE I&E standards and prepares annual summary reports on OAE compliance with applicable standards
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights a month
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584583800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.