This position is located in the Executive Office of the President, United States Trade Representative within anyone of the following offices:Learn more about this agency
1. Agricultural Affairs
2. Europe and the Middle East
5. Southeast Asia & the Pacific
6. Innovation & Intellectual Property
Promotion to the next highest grade level is neither guaranteed nor implied.
*If you are a status candidate, please apply to Announcement # USTR-20-03-KJ-MP.
As a TRADE POLICY RESEARCH COORDINATOR, GS-0301-9/11/12, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Coordinates research and analysis on a variety of trade and investment issues relating to the assigned area, including by reviewing press and other source materials, international trade and investment trends and data, and policy developments in the assigned area, including matters related to specific trade policies in the assigned area.
- Reviews, analyzes, and summarizes trade and investment policies and practices, laws, regulations and other measures, negotiating proposals, economic and trade data, and other information relating to the assigned area.
- Assists personnel in assigned unit in formulating and developing U.S. policy positions on trade and investment issues, in developing trade and investment policy for consideration by higher level policy makers within the Office of the United States Trade Representative and in the interagency trade policymaking process, and in the planning and formulation of negotiating positions and strategy to be taken by the U.S. Government on a variety of trade and investment issues relating to the assigned area.
- Supports personnel in the assigned unit in extracting and summarizing pertinent trade and investment data from a variety of sources.
- Assists other personnel in the assigned unit in compiling and organizing information to be used in briefing materials, Congressional testimony, responses to controlled correspondence, etc. Uses a variety of software, including PowerPoint and Excel, to prepare reports, charts, graphs, tables, and other visual representations.
- Serves on and participates in intra-agency and interagency research teams.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584551600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.