This position is located in the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration’s Office of Audit. The purpose of this position is to serve as an Auditor in support of the assigned program area(s).Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-12. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Conduct complex managerial and financial audits and special assignments to assess program efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with program laws, regulations and other provisions.
- Conduct valid and reliable research when analyzing internal and external information to assess risk factors and identifies high-risk areas.
- Document in audit workpapers the results of audit review, using correct formats, including source, purpose, conclusion, and results.
- Identify and apply complex specialized audit techniques to achieve audit objectives and identify and use the most appropriate statistical sampling methods to achieve objectives.
- Use advanced computer audit techniques to retrieve, analyze, and test data during audits or for completion of project(s).
50% or less - Six to ten nights per month.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584365200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.