The position is located in the Office of Inspector General (OIG). The OIG is an independent and autonomous office with a dual reporting responsibility to both the Commission and Congress. The OIG's statutory mission and responsibilities is detecting and preventing fraud, waste, abuse and mismanagement in agency programs and operations; promoting economy, efficiency, and effectiveness in agency programs and operations; and conducting audits and investigations.Learn more about this agency
As the Inspector General Investigator in this position, you will:
- Serve as the Senior Investigator for the Federal Election Commission Office of Inspector General.
- Receive and analyze OIG complaints to determine appropriate courses of action.
- Analyze and interpret broad complex federal laws, statutes, and regulations that pertain to the Office of Inspector General mission at the Federal Election Commission and its application associated in an Office of Inspector General investigation and reviews.
- Report findings of fact and conclusions of law/policy to the Federal Election Commission Deputy Inspector General.
- Review all investigations for factual evidence, analyses, and conclusions so that senior leaders can take appropriate and legally-defensible corrective or disciplinary action.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations of FEC programs and processes to identity root causes of issues and develop actionable recommendations to improve agency operations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584240600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.