The OIG conducts audits, evaluations, investigations and special reviews of the personnel and programs of all DOJ components. The DOJ/OIG offers a wide range of federal benefits and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Investigations Divisions, New Jersey Area Office, in Trenton, NJ.
If selected as the Assistant Special Agent in Charge (ASAC), your responsibilities would include, but would not be limited to: enforcement and administrative activities within the field office jurisdiction under the direction of the SAC. Work assignments include, but are not limited to:
* Provides leadership to subordinate criminal Investigators and other staff by establishing guidelines and performance expectations by setting priorities and prepares schedules for completion of work.
* Reviews and evaluates allegations and recommends appropriate investigative activity by providing on-site executive direction to ensure that the policies and procedures of the OIG are adhered to and that the evaluation activities are carried out in the most efficient and effective manner.
* Reviews and critiques all investigative reports and exhibits and then submits reports for review and coordinates the investigative findings with the SAC and prosecutive officials.
* Supervises and coordinates the final preparation of investigative reports and submits them to the SAC for approval. Incumbent presents the mission of the OIG and specifically of the Investigations Division to Justice officials and employees, and participates in all phases of program planning and policy formulation for the Field Office by developing and presenting to the SAC methodologies for those DOJ components investigated, ensuring operational and administrative activities are conducted in an efficient and effective manner.
* Administers all personnel actions and/or human resource matters, including interviewing candidates for positions, making recommendations for appointments, promotions, or reassignments as well as adverse actions when necessary
* Provides leadership to assure aggressive effort and adherence to Equal Employment.
25% or less - You will be expected to travel approximately 25% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583750900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.