The position is located at the Mescalero Service Unit (MSU), in Mescalero, New Mexico and oversees the Division of Clinical Services. MSU is a 6-bed critical-access hospital with an urgent-care clinic that serves the Mescalero Apache Tribe and other members of federally recognized tribes. The Supervisory Physician will serve as the Clinical Director managing the administration of clinical services and the day to day operations as it aLearn more about this agency
- Organizes and directs hospital and staff activities including staff meetings, committee activity, medical audit and other activities required to maintain The Joint Commission (TJC) accreditation or certification requirements.
- Develops, plans and implements programs for the improvement, expansion and/or contracting of patient care services; for the revision of present programs and services to meet the changing needs of the patient population.
- Reviews performance of Division of Clinical Services staff and assures continuing education and career development activities are implemented.
- Organizes the medical department to provide medical care under established Bylaws and Rule and Regulations.
- Assures the Quality Assessment and Improvement/Risk Management Plan is implemented through continuous assessment in clinical practice areas.
- Recommends medical priority levels for expenditure of Purchase Referred Care funds, monitors quality of care provided and makes medical priority determinations on all individual referrals.
- Responsible for fiscal management of the departments within the Division of Clinical Services and works closely with supervisors in managing contracts, personnel, training, equipment and supplies.
- Assess, diagnosis and treat all types of illnesses as required, changes or modifies treatment plan, recognizing when to refer the patient to a counseling or sub-specialty physician.
- Works collaboratively with physicians, providers and outside consultants on more complex cases requiring specialty care or contract health services.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583702500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.