This position serves as Chief Information Officer (CIO) for the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA). The Chief Information Officer (CIO) leads the delivery of enterprise solutions and services to meet the internal Information technology and communications needs of a National agency, with a regional operations footprint.Learn more about this agency
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) is responsible for complying with policies and procedures set forth by the DHS CIO, which include activities such as IT strategic planning, architecture, capital planning and investment control for IT investments, and participation in DHS and CISA governance bodies. The incumbent is also responsible for reviewing and approving IT within acquisition programs in coordination with DHS, implementation of statutory requirements such as FITARA, and compliance with OMB policy such as Improving the Acquisition and Management of Common IT to name a few. The CIO aligns IT objectives and programs with Agency strategy, ensuring a steady-state IT operations environment. Strategic level responsibilities include: development and monitoring of business
performance criteria and service levels; contingency planning and support for business continuity; logistics for hardware and software assets; and long-range planning for the sustained growth of a modern IT business enterprise. The CIO works hand in hand with peer executives responsible for setting the technology strategy of the Agency (Chief Technology Officer) and ensuring the security of the IT systems of the Agency (Chief Information Security Officer).
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing day-to-day operations, which includes: customer advocacy; enterprise IT services operations and management; project management; asset management and software license management; and IT support operations.
- Monitoring projects to ensure quality, performance, and delivery on schedule and within budget. The incumbent develops, provides input to or approves IT statements of work for contracts.
- Participating in developing strategic planning efforts for IT management and ensuring these efforts integrate with DHS and CISA strategic plans.
- Managing the IT-investment review process; recommending new IT projects, program activities, priorities and funding to support the Agency; and, anticipates the needs of the future IT business enterprise.
- Developing recommendations for revisions to funding, and exercise authority to reprogram funds within budgetary allotments.
- Making decisions and recommendations on which programs or major projects should be initiated, dropped, or curtailed; the amount of resources to devote to projects; and what changes in emphasis need to be made in programs or parts of programs.
- Serving as the key CISA representative on planning, oversight, and leadership committees sponsored by the DHS CIO, and serving as the liaison between CISA and DHS on IT concerns.
75% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583649900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.