This position is located in the Office of the Director, Office of Science, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (NCIPC) and serves as the principal advisor for extramural research and coordinator for extramural peer review activities for the Center Director.Learn more about this agency
As a Health Scientist (Extramural Research) you will:
- Lead a team with expertise in establishing and administering the infrastructure for various disciplines of extramural research.
- Serve as liaison by representing the agency with both private and public research institutions by monitoring the alignment of extramural research, policies and guidance.
- Provide expert scientific advice and consultation on scientific peer review.
- Provide oversight and conduct studies to evaluate extramural proposals in response to Funding Opportunity Announcements.
- Manage all extramural research awards and serve as central administrator of cross-cutting efforts to facilitate the research.
- Supervise a small contingent of positions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position domestically for at least 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583593500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.