This position is located in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG). The incumbent of this position will work within the Office of the Deputy Inspector General for Investigations (DIG INV), Defense Criminal Investigative Service (DCIS),Cyber Field Office.Learn more about this agency
As a Criminal Investigator - Program Manager (Intrusion), GS-1811-14, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Represents DCIS on all cybercrime and intrusion matters that affect the equities or jurisdictional interests of DCIS.
- Monitors, coordinates, analyzes, and processes information pertaining to DCIS cybercrime investigations, and reviews incoming intrusion allegations.
- Conducts liaison with representatives and counterparts of other Military Criminal Investigative Organizations, law enforcement agencies, working groups and task forces in furtherance of DCIS Cyber mission.
- Participates and or initiates staff conferences and meetings with DoD personnel to discuss investigative methodology, procedures, and resolve problems.
- Represents DCIS to working groups directed toward development or improvement of cybercrime investigative methods and training.
- Participates in the development of investigative plans by presenting options and parameters to field agents and management.
- Establishes relationships with and participates on national task forces, such as the National Cyber Investigative Joint Task Force, and others which support the DCIS Cyber mission.
- Maintains a library of internal and external policies and forms utilized by DCIS Cyber personnel.
- Reviews draft and final DoD policy and other Government directives for relevance to DCIS Cyber, and works with DCIS Headquarters personnel to develop and implement changes to DCIS policy when required.
- Acts as point of contact between special agents and outside providers of cybercrime investigation support in cases where internal capabilities are not sufficient to support agent requirements.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583526800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.