Positions are being filled under the Pathways Student Internship Authority which is designed to provide students enrolled in a variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with paid work opportunities in agencies to explore federal careers while in school.Learn more about this agency
- The incumbent of this position receives varied assignments designed to provide on-the-job training and experience in activities related to veterinary services.
- Assignments will vary by Agency, Office, and setting, including headquarters-type setting, veterinary field environment, and veterinary laboratory.
- The major duties for each setting include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Headquarters-type Setting:
- Supports program management and animal health information systems.
- Gathers, verifies, and enters information and data.
- Conducts document reviews and literature searches.
- Conducts statistical, quantitative or qualitative analysis and produces analytical reports.
- Translates veterinary medical, scientific, and regulatory information into language easily understood by a variety of contacts.
- Veterinary Field Environment:
- Supports Veterinary Medical Officers in the application of standard veterinary medical practices. Contacts livestock and poultry owners to schedule testing.
- Identifies, tags, and records animals to be tested.
- Draws blood samples for laboratory testing.
- Performs testing of various livestock, poultry, and animal body tissues to detect and diagnose disease and other conditions.
- Veterinary Laboratory Setting:
- Supports work of program management and/or animal health information systems.
- Collects, verifies, and tracks data to produce reports.
- Performs veterinary testing and identification activities to assist in animal disease control and eradication.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583351300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.