Positions are being filled under the Pathways Student Internship Authority which is designed to provide students enrolled in a variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with paid work opportunities in agencies to explore federal careers while in school.Learn more about this agency
- The incumbent of this position assists professional and technical staff by performing a variety of clearly defined tasks.
- These tasks are designed to increase knowledge and understanding of USDA's mission and the activities of the organization within assigned area of specialty and/or interest. Assignments will vary by Agency, Office, and Division.
- The major duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides administrative and clerical assistance to higher level staff.
- Prepares a variety of documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and correspondence.
- Proofreads documents for proper grammar and compliance with organizational procedures and standards.
- Receives and files correspondence, records, reports, and other materials.
- Schedules appointments and makes meeting arrangements.
- Enters or tracks data in systems or databases.
- Greets and receives visitors.
- Receives formal and on-the-job training in the functions and operations of the organization and the specialty area with which the office is concerned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583349400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.