This position is in the Division of Corporation Finance, Office of the Chief Counsel located in Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
If selected, you will join a well-respected team serving as a Special Counsel in the Office of Chief Counsel. You will serve as a legal and policy adviser and consultant to agency staff, the industry, and the public for the statutes and regulations which the Division of Corporation Finance program administers.
- Advising on the Securities Act of 1933, the registration, reporting, proxy and other disclosure and fraud provisions of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934; the Trust Indenture Act of 1939; the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002; and the rules, regulations, forms, and procedures under those statutes.
- Reviewing significant no-action and interpretive letter requests relating to the securities registration, reporting, proxy, and other matters related to the Division's mission.
- Ensuring the Division's interpretive positions with respect to statutory provisions are appropriate under the federal securities laws and consistent with the wide range of federal legal, regulatory, and administrative requirements imposed upon transactions.
- Recommending appropriate Division positions and responses to proposed and enacted legislation.
- Consulting with market participants and Divisions and Offices within the SEC, and working collaboratively with teams in contributing and assisting with special projects.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583294400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.