Come work for the USPTO, we have been ranked as one of the best places to work in the federal government! The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has been serving the economic interests of America for more than 200 years. We are responsible for granting US intellectual property rights for patents and trademarks. The USPTO is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and has over 12,000 employees. For more information about the USPTO, please visit the USPTO Jobs Website.Learn more about this agency
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) is the principal advisor to the Under Secretary and Director on the application of information technology (IT) to support and improve the Agency’s business processes. The Office of Infrastructure Engineering and Operations (IEO) provides day-to-day operational support for USPTO-developed applications. The Infrastructure Services Division (ISD) provides Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) for the Servers, Storage, Networks and Facilities within the USPTO. The Communication services Branch is responsible for architecting, designing, implementing, and operating the network infrastructure encompassing all of the USPTO's voice, video, and data (VVD) communication infrastructure.
The position will be responsible for:
- Determining advanced computer-related systems concepts based on and in support of the application of computer and communications technology.
- Providing expert technical oversight for a staff responsible for the planning, analysis, design, development, testing configuration, installation, implementation, integration, maintenance and/or management.
- Working with senior managers to resolve conflicts and prioritize requirements.
- Providing support for the acquisition of information technology resources and services.
- Preparing technical specifications, statements of work , and other acquisition related documentation.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583219300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.