The Golden Field Office (GFO) is responsible for providing procurement and business support functions for the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE). GFO provides all business and procurement support for implementation of EERE clean energy programs through administration of financial assistance funding opportunities and prizes targeted mainly towards industry and university funding recipients.Learn more about this agency
As the Deputy Director, Golden Field Office you will in coordination with the Director, Golden Field Office:
- Direct technical, management and administrative service activities, including: human resources management; acquisition and financial assistance activities; personal and real property; budget and financial management; environmental oversight; employee safety and health; support services; performance excellence initiatives, to include quality management, strategic planning, organizational self-assessment, etc.; and educational liaison and outreach coordination.
- Direct acquisition, financial assistance and prizes relating to basic scientific research, applied research and development projects, demonstration and deployment activities, discretionary financial assistance· awards (including both cooperative agreements and grants), Interagency Agreements, Energy Savings Performance Contracts, and support services contracts. Provide overall management and oversight for all support service contracts for GFO and EERE.
- Set all internal control standards for effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity and assesses all organizational policy, program, and project viability.
- Coordinate and approve implementation of policies, plans, and programs related to operational services and systems.
- Formulate and execute policy and programs in conjunction with the Director and GFO Senior Leadership within mission and objectives of GFO, EERE, and Department of Energy (DOE).
- Direct the formulation and execution of strategic vision and plan for providing world-class acquisition and financial services to EERE programs and business units. Advise on matters relating to the overall acquisition and assistance processes. Incorporate vision, strategic planning, and elements of quality management into the full range of Golden acquisition and financial assistance activities. Exercise leadership in formulating realistic short and long term goals and objectives.
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel (1-5 nights per month) may be required to attend conferences, meetings, site visits, and training.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583187700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.