As a HR Specialist (Staffing), assigned to the Strategic Business Unit, you will be responsible for providing quality customer and consultative service and performing the full range of staffing functions for Title 5, Hybrid Title 38, and Title 38 occupations. You will ensure that all placement actions meet regulatory requirements and will consult on and ensure all pre-employment requirements are met for Overton Brooks VA Medical Center in Shreveport, Louisiana.Learn more about this agency
As a HR Specialist (Staffing) assigned to the Strategic Business Unit, you will be responsible for ensuring that all placement actions meet regulatory requirements and will consult on and ensure all pre-employment requirements are met. HR functions include: position management and organizational design, pay administration such as physician market pay; setting pay for Title 5, Title 38 and Hybrid employees, using multiple pay scales and various information sources; VetPro Credentialing; position descriptions, functional statements, scopes of practice, crediting plans, and job analysis. The duties of this position include, but may not be limited to:
- Assisting with strategic facility support (i.e. development of short and long-term facility recruitment plans).
- Consultative, on station support to leadership, managers and employees.
- Hiring through non-competitive appointment flexibilities to include the evaluation of applications and resumes using Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and Veterans Administration (VA) qualification standards; and verifying candidate eligibility.
- Coordination of onboarding processes.
- Trainee Recruitment
- Sourcing of candidate pools for non-competitive and hire right/hire fast recruitment activity.
Telework: Not available.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Human Resources Specialist (Rec/Plac)/PD99989A
Relocation Incentives: May be authorized for a highly qualified candidate.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582987800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.