The incumbent will serve as a is a Supervisory Research Agronomist or Supervisory Research Agricultural Economist Research Leader for the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Soil and Water Conservation Research Unit in Pendleton, OR.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for developing advanced technologies, improved techniques, and optimized equipment for crop production and soil and water conservation in the Columbia Plateau and related land resource areas.
- Oversees all research projects in the Management Unit. Incumbent's research outcomes are applicable to NP 216 components:
- Component 1: Building agroecosystems for intensive, resilient production via GxExM.
- Component 2: Increasing efficiencies for agroecosystem sustainability.
- Component 3: Achieving agroecosystem potential.
- Responsible for independently identifying and conducting basic and applied research, and leading development of the Unit?s future vision for practices that improve economic and environmental viability of wheat production systems.
- As Research Leader, the incumbent exercises line authority over the Unit?s scientists and support personnel.
- Enhance Unit creativity and productivity.
- Hire personnel and manage human, fiscal, and physical resources.
- Serve as fund holder.
- Provide technical information and consultation, both internal and external to the Agricultural Research Service (ARS).
- Ensure the proper interpretation and reporting of scientific research results and information.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582783400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.