The Office of Distributions (OD) handles all distributions in enforcement actions where a disgorgement fund exists, or whenever a Fair Fund is created by the Commission or the Courts pursuant to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.Learn more about this agency
If selected, you will join a well-respected team that is responsible for developing and implementing distribution plans that compensate harmed investors.
- The Trial Attorney (Distributions) conducts litigation, implements all distributions aspects of civil and administrative proceedings assigned by the Division, and makes Commission recommendations for distribution plan approval.
- Manages and handles litigation issues resulting from challenges to distribution plans by preparing motions and memorandum in support to amend final judgments, or to modify distributions plans.
- Establishes a working rapport with other Enforcement attorneys, and staff within OGC, OCC, DERA , OIEA, OFM and OS to collaborate on distributions matters as necessary.
- Provides legal advice and assistance to management and staff of the Enforcement Division, including the negotiation and settlement of pending cases and obtaining information for potential distributions.
- Serves as an internal fund administrator.
- Provides oversight for, or directly participates in the distribution of monetary recoveries from judgments and administrative orders.
- Works with the Division of Economic Risk and Analysis to formulate economic allocation methodologies that reflect the harm caused by the underlying securities law violations.
- Selects and supervises third-party administrators in the development and implementation of distribution plans that are fair and reasonable.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582631100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.