The incumbent will assist research staff with extracting and/or restructuring data files for analysis, creating descriptive reports, and conducting data analysis.Learn more about this agency
The Data Warehouse Specialist will have a blend of skills related to extracting data from a data warehouse, data wrangling, feature engineering, and data analysis. The incumbent will assist research staff with extracting and/or restructuring data files for analysis, creating descriptive reports, and conducting data analysis. The candidate will develop expertise in the data elements utilized for analysis, how to extract those elements from the data warehouse, and provide analytical support as needed. The incumbent will create descriptive reports (e.g., district sentencing trend reports) and may assist with policy analysis, congressional research projects, or special data requests from Commissioners, federal judges and probation officers, and other federal agencies.
The incumbent will work with research staff to:
- Extract analytical files from the Oracle data warehouse.
- Train ORD staff on data extraction and programming.
- Assist with feature engineering in the data warehouse.
- Merge and wrangle data from other federal agencies or from special USSC data collections.
- Review existing data for errors and clean data.
- Create automated reports.
- Create descriptive reports (e.g., district sentencing trend reports).
- Review/verify any data changes/updates to the Commission's Interactive Sourcebook of Federal Sentencing Statistics (ISB) public website.
- Conduct descriptive analyses on defendants sentenced pursuant to the federal sentencing guidelines, responding to special requests from Commissioners, Congress, the courts, and others, as directed.
- Assist in the design and development of tables and figures for use in special requests, presentations, and Commission reports.
- Compile, organize, and document research-related datafiles and assist in the preparation of datafile documentation, statistical tables, and graphic displays and presentations.
- Analyze quantitative data and contribute to published reports.
- Learn and implement new technology to enhance ORD capabilities.
- Perform support or administrative tasks as needed.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582614500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.