The U.S. & Foreign Commercial Service (US&FCS) is one of four official Foreign Affairs Agencies under the Foreign Service Act of 1980. The US&FCS of the U.S. Department of Commerce is comprised of approximately 1,600 American and Foreign employees operating a domestic network of more than 100 Export Assistance Centers throughout the U. S. and are present in over 75 international countries.Learn more about this agency
This is an entry-level position as a Foreign Commercial Service Officers (FCSO). FCSOs serve as members of the Commercial Section at an U.S. Embassy domestically and internationally and report to a Senior Commercial Officer.
As a Foreign Commercial Service Officer, FP-1140-04 you will:
- Assess host countries’ trade environment and develop U.S. Government export promotion and commercial diplomacy strategies
- Develop, implement, and evaluate market research, counseling, trade events, business matchmaking opportunities, outreach and other programs and services to help U.S. companies enter or expand their presence in the market and to promote investment into the United States
- Support government-to-government advocacy, dispute resolution and commercial diplomacy to "level the playing field" for U.S. companies and protect U.S. commercial interests
- Develop business contacts and partnerships (e.g., with state trade offices, trade event organizers, the American Chamber of Commerce, local associations and chambers of commerce)
- Provide analyses and recommendations on advancing export-related policy issues
- Collaborate and establish partnerships with the United States Department of State administrative and program offices
- Support other agencies as they execute their responsibilities overseas, such the U.S. Export Import Bank, the Trade Development Agency, and the Bureau of Industry and Security.
- Provides performance reporting, administrative, budget, and office management operational oversight
- Supervises local staff
For more detailed information about the duties of a Commercial Service Officer, please visit the U.S. and Foreign Commercial Service website, http://www.trade.gov/jobs/world-of-opportunity.html.
75% or less - Incumbents will be in travel status for 75% of the time.
04 - Foreign Service has a competitive promotion process for potential promotion to the Senior Foreign Service (SFS) level.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582560700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.