This position is located in the Department of Health And Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary of Health, Office of Research Integrity, located in Rockville, Maryland.Learn more about this agency
"This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19"
- Serves as a Health Scientist and has responsibility for managing all activities related to assigned cases of alleged research misconduct in biomedical research studies.
- Applies technical knowledge to develop overall plans to evaluate institutional investigations into allegations of misconduct in biomedical research.
- Ensures the integrity of the research scientific processes as defined by 42 C.F.R. part 93.
- Receives allegations of research misconduct and consults with leadership and prepares the case for subsequent review.
- Reviews institutional investigative reports of research misconduct for completeness, consistency with PHS regulations at 42 C.F.R. Part 93, and actions taken by the institution against the respondent, such as termination, retraction or correction of papers, among others.
- Follows procedures for obtaining, evaluating, and documenting evidence for assigned cases.
- Acts as a liaison and contact point for each assigned case with institutional officials, including Research Integrity Officers (RIOs), Vice Presidents for Research, Provosts or University Presidents, outside ORI and OASH.
- Provides relevant information to extramural institutional officials regarding the PHS misconduct regulations
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582244100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.