The San Francisco Veterans Affairs Health Care System has an immediate opening for a part-time (20 hours per week), after-hours (Saturday and weekday evening hours) psychologist on the PTSD clinical Team. The incumbent's primary responsibilities will be to diagnose and treat PTSD and co-occurring disorders, conduct triage and referral coordination for the PTSD Clinical Team, and to consult with medical center staff on a wide variety of patient care issues.Learn more about this agency
Primary responsibilities (92.5% time)
- Evaluates and diagnoses mental disorders, especially trauma related disorders
- Treats PTSD and Military Sexual Trauma through a variety of evidence based modalities,
- Conducts triage and referral coordination for the PCT.
- Consults with medical center staff on a wide variety of patient care issues.
1. Supervises pre-doctoral and post-doctoral Psychology trainees, and may participate in the supervision of trainees in other disciplines, including medical, nursing, pharmacy, and psychiatric trainees assigned to the Primary Care Service for rotations;
2. Is involved in the development of the Psychology Training Programs and actively participates in the Psychology Training Committee meetings;
Other Significant Responsibilities (2.5% time)
1. May serve on Healthcare System, VISN, and/or National VA committees or task forces.
2. Represents Psychology and MHS on decision-making committees within the Healthcare System;
3. Actively participates in leadership roles on local, state and/or national professional organizations specific to psychology or prevention;
4. Represents the Healthcare System at professional programs and/or events, or on VA or community committees or work groups.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582213600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.