This position is located within a National Forest. The primary purpose of this position is to provide visitors withLearn more about this agency
information, education and interpretive services for a national monument, historical site, etc. that is administered by the Forest Service.
- Informs the public of Forest Service recreation rules and regulations, traffic control, accident prevention, campground and picnic area operations, visitor information services, and miscellaneous recreation program activities.
- Develops and conducts scheduled interpretive talks, conservation education programs for youth and special tour programs of Forest Service land and water areas. Defines the significance of the site and its background.
- Answers recurring questions that require knowledge of a limited variety of facts, events, circumstances, personalities, and natural characteristics identified with the site.
- Checks the usage and condition of public use areas, boat ramps, group camps, and other recreation areas for safety, fire, sanitation and maintenance reasons.
- Assists with the visitor center?s program operations by either working at the information desk or at the entrance station by dealing with such issues pertaining to picnic facilities, campgrounds, visitor control, and fee collection.
- Answers routine visitors? inquiries that range from where the locations of historical monuments are to when tours are scheduled. Complicated situations are usually referred to a higher-graded employee for resolution.
- Assists higher-graded Park Rangers with planning improvements of visitor center facilities or conducting interpretive programs.
- Maintains supply of informational materials and other stock items for distribution. Distributes publications requested in telephone and mail inquiries. Collects fees and book sale monies.
- Performs routine daily opening and closing procedures and assists with general office tasks.
- Operates and performs minor maintenance on audiovisual equipment.
75% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581752400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.