This position is located in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), Office of Legislative Affairs and Communications (OLAC) and reports to the Chief of Communications. In additional to managing the DoD OIG relationships with Congress, OLAC is responsible for designing, drafting, and leading communications with the media, the public and the DoD OIG workforce.Learn more about this agency
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills and ability to adapt to the DoD OIG agency content editorial guide.
- Develop, coordinate, review and publish the monthly newsletter and communications work products, including articles, daily press clips, news releases, public website and social media content, media kits and briefing binders for leadership.
- Review, edit, and manage DoD OIG website and social media content ensuring that all graphics, digital video, and digital media products are accurate, timely and consistent with agency style and tone.
- Experience with website content management systems, basic HTML, and curating multimedia content for the web.
- Monitor print, broadcast, and social news media related to, or of interest to the DoD OIG; quickly processing and selecting content for internal stakeholders.
- Assist the Chief of Communications with developing and implementing communication strategies and tactics that align with the DoD OIG Strategic Plan to educate stakeholders about the DoD OIG's complex oversight of DoD's programs and operations.
- Assist the Chief of Communications with developing and implementing social media plans, strategies, and tactics.
- Assist the Chief of Communications with the coordination, management, production and notification to external stakeholders of agency publications, such as the DoD OIG Semiannual Report to Congress.
- Must be a team player and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Coordinate with internal public affairs specialist to develop products and material to support project requests from components and offices, determining messages and content.
- Ensuring professional layout and branding, and establishing schedule and due dates.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581722400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.