The NASA Office of Inspector General (OIG) conducts audits, reviews, and investigations of NASA programs and operations to prevent and detect fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement and to assist NASA management in promoting economy, efficiency, and effectiveness.Learn more about this agency
The Office of Investigations (OI) investigates allegations of crime, cyber-crime, fraud, waste, abuse, and misconduct having impact on NASA programs, projects, operations, and resources.
- Responsible for the direct supervision and team efforts of investigative auditors, analysts and criminal investigators assigned on investigations, while providing them with necessary information, advice, and guidance.
- Develops and administers the OIG investigations program for the NASA installations and contractor facilities in the Office of Investigations.
- Conducts highly sensitive investigations into violations of criminal statutes relating to grant and procurement fraud, which may include cost/labor mischarging, defective pricing, defective parts, false certifications, and price fixing.
- Administers well planned search warrant and arrest warrant executions to adequately identify and effectively mitigate risk factors. Prepares investigative reports, with responsibility for presenting necessary aspects of investigation.
- Maintains a good working relationship with U.S. Attorneys in the geographic area for cases referred and accepted for prosecution.
- Liaisons with other OIG offices and law enforcement agencies in the area to keep abreast of their operations and to seek their assistance as NASA OIG investigations may warrant.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581598400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.