This position is located within the Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Service at the VA Boston Healthcare System in West Roxbury, Massachusetts. Serving as a Pathology Assistant, you will provide technical and administrative assistance, oversight, and coordination of all the grossing areas, frozen section areas and autopsy suite in Anatomic Pathology Service.Learn more about this agency
- Performs initial examination and processing of pathology specimens;
- Accessions biopsy and surgical specimens;
- Assists with setting up for gross specimen conferences;
- Assists pathologists, residents, and medical students in completing autopsies;
- Supervises other qualified histology personnel in the initial examination and processing of surgical pathology specimens;
- Trains histotechnologists and/or histotechnicians in the performance of diener duties;
- Assures morgue and cutting room are properly supplied and maintains inventory;
- Develops, reviews and revises procedures in anatomic pathology;
- Ensures equipment is functioning properly;
- Monitors environment, temperature, humidity, noise levels, etc.
- Prepares all needed instruments, surfaces and containers for autopsies;
- Provides oversight of quality assurance functions;
- Participates in internal and external inspections;
- Provides statistical reports and training; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: May be authorized for highly qualified candidates
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Occasional travel - Occasional travel to other campuses of VA Boston Healthcare System may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581499900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.