This position is located in the Northern Region, Region 1, Supervisor's Office for the Idaho Panhandle National Forests, in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent coordinates Natural Resource Damage Assessment and Restoration (NRDAR) work in the Coeur d'Alene basin.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Michelle Caviness at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Duties listed are at the full performance level.
- Serves as a technical resource on a broad range of activities that include coordinating and managing restoration implementation project strategies and policies.
- Serves as a technical expert on interdisciplinary teams integrating restoration into Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) clean-up project design.
- Conducts technical reviews of interdisciplinary team planning efforts, designs, contract preparation, project evaluation, implementation, oversight, and monitoring.
- Reviews proposed projects for conceptual soundness and technical feasibility through design and contracting activities.
- Serves as a project manager and public works Contracting Officer Representative (COR) on large and complex restoration projects.
- Designs complex restoration projects and prepares or assists with contract packages.
- Serves in a cooperative capacity with EPA and other entities conducting clean-up work in the Coeur d'Alene River Basin to provide technical assistance, with a goal of maximizing potential for restorative efforts during and after these projects.
25% or less - Travel is required for site visits, meetings, and training, including overnight travel.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581496600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.