This position is located within the Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), Southeast Fisheries Science Center (SEFSC), Galveston Laboratory, with one vacancy in Galveston, TX.Learn more about this agency
Monster Government Solutions (MGS) will be performing scheduled maintenance on October 17th and 18th, beginning 12:01 a.m. ET. You may not be able to complete the application process during this time. The scheduled maintenance will end at 6:00p.m. ET, Sunday, October 18th.
As a Supervisory Fish Biologist, you will perform the following duties:
- Supervise and lead the Reef Fish, Shrimp, Shark and Pelagic observer programs and the fish biologists and observers, including setting a series of work plans and establishing performance standards.
- Define and implement observer duties and fishery-dependent sampling protocols, observer training certification, and debriefings.
- Instill a strong safety culture, educating subordinates on health and safety issues, and promote a safe work environment through coordinated implementation of Safety and Environmental Improvement, risk assessments, and safety audits.
- Provide regulatory development, and execute novel and analytical approaches on monitoring system design and electronic monitoring of commercial fishing activities.
- Serve as a member of the NMFS’s National Observer Program Advisory Team engaging in productive and collaborative discussions in achieving the Southeast Fisheries Science Centers' mission.
Occasional travel - Up to 25% of domestic and foreign travel may be required.
4 - This position is not eligible for a promotion potential.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581491700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.