About the Position: Serves as an Attorney-Advisor (Contract), representing the Army Materiel Command Legal Center in the Acquisition Law Division at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama.Learn more about this agency
Management is selecting for this vacancy at the GS-11, GS-12, or GS-13 level. The target grade level of this position is GS-13. Promotion potential to the target grade requires meeting time-in-grade requirements, performing the duties at the target grade level, and obtaining supervisory approval.
- Renders legal advice and service. Interprets and advises on statutes, regulations, and executive orders.
- Analyzes contract and supporting documents to assure that completed contracts are in conformance with basic principles of contract law and applicable directives and regulations.
- Reviews contract and procurement law documents, international agreements, negotiations, protest and complaints, royalty rights, patents, procurement fraud cases, and the litigation process.
- Advises on contract modifications, novation agreements, contract termination and disposition of termination inventory, allowability of cost, incentives, escalations, progress payments, performance and payment bonds, and rate negotiations.
- Counsels in matters of contractual rights and obligations which might become the subject matter of future disputes and litigation, and prepares written documents such as legal briefs, opinions, and legal memorandums.
Occasional travel - Business travel is required 10% of the time or less.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581393000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.