This is a Direct Hire Public Notice. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
This position is located in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Environmental Satellite, Data, and Information Service (NESDIS), National Centers for Environmental information (NCEI), with 3 vacancies located in Asheville, NC and 1 vacancy located in Boulder, CO.Learn more about this agency
As a Physical Scientist, you will perform the following duties:
- Plan, coordinate, manage and conduct assigned projects based on overall objectives, milestones, and constraints in support of program functions.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to provide technical guidance to functional specialists. Provide recommendations on advanced methods or procedures for solving problems.
- Coordinate and develop new guidelines requiring the use of advanced scientific techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precedents, and practices of the sciences and related disciplines. Integrate emerging technologies into program systems and concepts and determines impact on tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Serve as the senior expert and technical advisor, for the principles of an assigned or professional area to the management of data processing, submission, and analysis efforts. Provide expertise/advice on data collection methods and practices to lower-level professional or scientific staff.
- Serve as a technical representative on panels, committees, and conferences to communicate to scientific community via conferences, publications, and committee participation.
Occasional travel - Up to 15% of domestic travel may be required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581374200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.