Positions are being filled under the Pathways Student Internship Authority which is designed to provide students enrolled in a variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with paid work opportunities in agencies to explore federal careers while in school.Learn more about this agency
Student Trainees will perform the following duties under direct supervision. Assignments will be developmental in nature and will assist the employee in gaining the competencies necessary for a career.
- Receives intensive and specialized training in all phases of forestry and related natural resource conservation programs.
- Assists in program and conservation planning for a variety of forestry practices such as woodland, windbreak, visual resource management, recreation activity and others.
- Assists in gathering and assembling preliminary data for use in developing and applying conservation plans.
- Work assignments are selected to ensure that the Intern receives on-the-job training and exposure to one or more program functions.
- This position is designed to provide a career-oriented introduction to the background, philosophy, concepts, and scope of the NRCS Forestry Management Programs and a practical understanding of the policies of the employing organization.
- Receives training in the principles, concepts, work processes, and regulations of one or more functional areas of Forestry and Biological Sciences.
- Receives formal and on-the-job training in OPM, Department of Agriculture and Natural Resource Conservation Service policies, rules, regulations, and procedures
- On a scheduled basis, following the Pathways Participant Agreement, receives assignments in various Forestry and Biological Sciences functions.
- Is instructed on the use of personal computers, and file and data management.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581373900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.