This announcement is issued under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
Who May be Considered:
- U.S. Citizens
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Joining the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) means being part of the team focused on securing the Nation's physical and cyber infrastructure against threats to public health and safety, economy, and national security.
Visit www.cisa.gov to learn more about CISA and how you can be part of the team to Defend Today; Secure Tomorrow.
This is an agency-wide position, which is comprised of several geographically separated divisions with a nationwide force: Infrastructure Security Division, Cybersecurity Division, Emergency Communications Division, National Risk Management Center and several organizational units. Typical work assignments include:
- Assisting with defining and managing information technology (IT) and/or cybersecurity related programs and/or projects, or other area of responsibility, to include strategic direction for program initiatives and activities, personnel, infrastructure, policy enforcement, emergency planning, IT and/or cybersecurity awareness, and/or other resources.
- Assisting with providing oversight to ensure program/project work is adhering to the larger strategic view developed by senior management at DHS and serving as the Point of Contact for elevating unexpected issues that may arise to senior leadership.
- Assisting with program/project resources, allocation plans, workforce development plans, budget forecasts, initiatives, and policies.
- Participating in ensuring that the work effort achieves the outcome as specified within the IT business strategies.
- Providing guidance to customers about applicability of information systems to meet business needs.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to establish the enterprise continuity of operations program, strategy, and mission assurance.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for up to 5 nights per month for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581296700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.