PLEASE NOTE: Based on the current hiring restrictions, selectees may be subject to additional approvals prior to an offer being extended.Learn more about this agency
This position, located in the Philadelphia Financial Center/Payment Management, provides strategic leadership for program and policy development and implementation of initiatives supporting Federal and state governments’ efforts to improve improper payments detection and prosecution of, as well as prevention and improper payment reduction efforts.
As the Payment Integrity Program Manager, you will:
- Manage the fraud detection and deterrence program for the Payment Integrity program, leveraging financial industry experts in the analytics, financial, and technical spaces; set the objectives of the program and institute a methodology for quantifying success.
- Develop and implement Government-wide Payment Integrity Program to support execution of cross-governmental initiatives related to Payment Integrity.
- Coordinate efforts across the Bureau, Federal Agencies and Inspector General Community (i.e. CIGIE), maximizing existing Government-wide relationships to evaluate effectiveness of current efforts and identify opportunities to improve Payment Integrity.
- Provide direction to the team in utilizing data analytics in assisting customer agencies with identifying data quality and improper payment challenges. Develop preventative analytics strategies to test data quality and pilot data use with customers to determine viability of including new data sources.
- Serve as an advisor to the Executive Director and other management officials on payment and post payment issues in regards to payment integrity.
25% or less - Travel may be required 1 to 5 times per month.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581289000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.