This position is located in the Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Ruminant Diseases and Immunology Research Unit (RDIRU), in Ames, Iowa.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent coordinates scientific activities with project scientists, evaluates and recommends changes to the project in collaboration with leaders, assists in preparation of annual reports, consults with stakeholders and collaborators, and assures that human fiscal, and physical resources assigned to the project are utilized appropriately.
- Utilize comparative genomics, proteomics, transcriptomics, and systems biology approaches to identify molecular determinants of pathogenesis.
- Characterize functional genomics of the host response to respiratory infection by Mycoplasma spp.
- Identify differentially expressed genes through messenger RNA and protein profiles, associated with a challenge with Mycoplasma spp.
- Utilize comparative immunologic approaches to elucidate host-mycoplasma immune responses in order to improve the understanding of host-species susceptibility and resistance differences, disease pathogenesis, and tissue tropisms.
- Develop assays to measure serum and mucosal antigen-specific antibody responses to further characterize host immunity to MmmSC.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581177700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.