This position is located in the Clinical Quality and Training Department within the Veterans Crisis Line (VCL), Canandaigua, New York. The incumbent functions as an interdisciplinary team member, assisting and supporting Peer Support Specialists (PSS) throughout new employee orientation (NEO) training, precepting, and the silent monitoring/quality assurance (QA) program.Learn more about this agency
Duties included, but not limited to:
- Reports findings to appropriate managers.
- Communicates areas that need improvement, as well as areas of strength.
- Works with staff to design supportive training curriculum to address staff performance concerns.
- Collaborates with staff to maintain and monitor the delivery and effectiveness of the training program.
- Develops and implements training materials including Power Points, Webinars, manuals, etc.
- Utilizes role play scenarios and coordinated activities related to the program of instruction offered.
- Functions as a preceptor to new employees and those needing retraining to evaluate the application of learning.
- Provides support and areas of instruction for outreach calls including connecting with Veterans, assessment, call flow, listening techniques, and call documentation.
- Listening attentively and reviewing PS actions and interpersonal processes.
- Knowledge and experience in instruction and coaching small groups of individuals in a classroom setting.
- Skill in using oral and written communication effectively.
- Skill in applying attention to detail and general ability to perform work independently.
- Ability to adapt to dynamic, quickly changing telecommunications environment.
- Evaluates the new employee's adherence to all training standards to provide feedback to Peer Support Outreach Center (PSOC) leadership about readiness to commence job duties.
- Evaluates new employee's needs for additional supportive training or remediation based on initial performance.
- Responsible for silent call monitoring of individual Peer Support.
- Uses standardized tools to objectively identify whether pre-set performance standards are met by Peer Support.
- Provides private one-on-one coaching and feedback to the individual PS on the soft and technical skills observed.
- Communicates both positive and corrective feedback to staff in a way that is supportive and constructive.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM with a day and evening shift.
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Training Instructor/PD07674A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581115700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.