****This is an Open Continuous Announcement to establish a standing register of qualified candidates to refer as vacancies occur. The first cut-off date for receipt/referral of applications will be October 19th, 2020; after this date additional referral lists will be created as vacancies are available. Final application disposition will be completed once all positions have been filled or the announcement reaches the end of the open period stated in the announcement. ****Learn more about this agency
As a Contract Specialist for the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency, within Acquisition and Contracting, you will report to a Supervisory Contract Specialist. This position can report to any of the following offices: Vetting Contracting Office, Critical Tech Protect and Enterprise Contracting Office, or the Information Technology Contracting Office.
As a CONTRACT SPECIALIST you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist in the development, initiation, review, and administrative processing of procurement packages, procurement requests, commitments, and other procurement-related documents for a variety of supplies services.
- Participate in drafting justification documentation, acquisition plans, and source selection evaluation plans applicable to various contract types.
- Ensure acquisitions comply with provisions imposed by the FAR, DFARS, and other procurement regulations, directives, policies, guidance, and good business practices.
- Help review contract requirements to ascertain and recommend appropriate contract type, pricing provisions, selection of source, and acquisition method.
- Help negotiate terms of purchase orders, analyze pricing proposals and if warranted, obligate funds by signing purchase orders, blanket purchase agreements, or by issuing delivery orders under the terms of existing contracts.
- Procure materials, supplies, services, and equipment by open market methods.
- Monitor contractor performance, delivery schedules and adherence to contract requirements, terms and conditions, and schedules and adherence to contract requirements, terms and conditions, and suggests modification to the contract, as appropriate.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581032000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.