This position is being concurrently announced under Pathways Recent Graduate program as announcement number 21-NCH-ENG-810-57-RG. Current federal employees may apply to both announcements. This position may be filled at the GS-05 or GS-07 grade level with promotion potential to the GS-09.Learn more about this agency
- Conducts preliminary surveys and site investigations to obtain baseline and field data on soils, topography, drainage, existing structures and utilities, and feasible layout of proposed roads, facilities or structures in relation to terrain.
- Prepares design criteria for smaller or less complex portions of conventional roads, facilities, utility systems, or structures.
- Prepares completed road designs involving drainage structures, base and surfacing analysis, and special structures using basic survey data.
- Supervises inspection of construction operations for compliance with intent of design and specifications; interprets plans and specifications; confers with contractor representatives to resolve differences.
- Computes quantities and makes cost estimates based on cost data and knowledge of project, terrain, and climate.
- Plans and conducts civil engineering projects according to clear and specified objectives.
- Develops programs for maintenance of facilities, which includes determination of necessity for, feasibility of, and extent of work required.
- Observes and investigates construction at all stages to identify problems, take timely action to change designs within delegated authority, or recommend changes to solve problems.
- Participates in field surveys and investigations of existing facilities and utility systems to ensure that maintenance and repair schedules and procedures conform to safety, health, and regulatory requirements.
- Investigates need for and prepares engineering data for change orders, considering conditions at work site, field measurements and computations, and local prices, sometimes discussing and working out details with contractor personnel.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580893100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.