The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US citizens & Non US Citizens who reside within Ft Hamilton's local commuting area. This is defined as: Kings, Queens, New York, Richmond, Bronx, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Essex, Union, Middlesex, Somerset, Monmouth, Fairfield counties. Military Spouses moving to the area within 30 days from the closing date of this announcement and Involuntarily Separated Military(ISM) members claiming ISM Preference are included in this AOC.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a Child and Youth Program Assistant in a Child and Youth Services program and maintains control of and accounts for whereabouts and safety of children and youth.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts activities that meet the physical, social, emotional and cognitive needs for program participants based on the group and individual children and youth.
- Establishes a program environment that sustains participant interest and promotes positive interactions with other children, youth, and adults.
- Helps prepare, arrange, and maintain indoor and outdoor activity areas and materials to accommodate daily schedules and provides program options for children with special requirements.
- Maintains program participation data and complete daily report.
Occasional travel - Some locations may require travel to on and off post locations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580873500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.