This position is located in the Office of External Affairs, Office of Communications. The Peace Corps Social Media Specialist serves as the voice of Peace Corps on the agency's national social media accounts. This position is responsible for maintaining the quality of the Peace Corps brand and audience engagement across social media platforms, and serving as a strategist for social media platform use, content development and campaigns, as well as providing oversight for country social media.Learn more about this agency
The Public Affairs Specialist (Social Media) performs the following major duties:
- Serves as a resource to internal stakeholders on the social media outreach strategy.
- Implements a social media program by coordinating with domestic and overseas stakeholders to incorporate social media into agency programs.
- Manages a high-quality customer relations plan for responding to and supporting the agency's target audiences on social media, including running interactive events and developing processes for routing audience questions and feedback to appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Monitors social media content provided by partner offices across the agency and by posts for adherence with brand and tone.
- Researches and presents information and data on social media trends and best practices.
Occasional travel - Occasional
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580836900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.