This position is located in the Department of Defense (DoD) Office of the Inspector GeneralLearn more about this agency
(OIG), Mission Support Team (MST), Chief Information Office (CIO). The incumbent is an
Information Technology Specialist in the Business Systems Division, and will be responsible for
the Design and maintenance of critical OIG services and supporting system(s).
As a IT Specialist (SYSADMIN), GS-2210-13, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Serves as senior level expert and custodian in establishing, maintaining, and supporting enterprise level encryption systems.
- Serves as senior level expert in establishing, maintaining, supporting and upgrading systems and their associated architecture and environment.
- Designs and administers production and non-production systems. Performs the application of best practices per the vendor recommended settings, performance tuning and monitoring of the systems.
- Defines data flow; identifies and translates user requirements into data design; provides design documentation for decision support.
- Provides daily oversight of assigned systems including establishing and managing application accounts, privileges and resources, and assurance of security and data integrity.
- Analyzes current and future agency strategic plans, operating plans, policies and procedures. Provides support to Information Technology management staff on a variety of issues relating to system\application management.
- Performs installation, upgrades, configurations and patch application environments.
- Supports system operations and application use including performance monitoring, proactive support, and help desk call support.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580734900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.