The foundation for success of the Defense Commissary Agency mission is our people. It is DeCA's goal to have a workforce that is comprised of our nation's diverse cultures and backgrounds. DeCA operates a worldwide commissary system that provides quality grocery products to active duty military personnel and retirees, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and their families, as well as current DeCA employees. The agency employs over 15,000 people and its annual sales exceed $4 billion.Learn more about this agency
- Maintain the Computer Assisted Ordering (CAO) system with current, accurate data to ensure optimal order quantities are calculated necessary to sustain customer demands.
- Use radio-frequency hand-held terminals to gather data necessary to update and adjust inventory.
- Record and updates Balance on Hand (BOH) data; maintains perpetual inventory and audits credits.
- Perform daily inventory audit of items not-in-stock and overwrite items.
- Evaluate stock levels of all CAO categories daily by physically reviewing the storage and display shelf locations, shippers and warehouse.
- Interface with all levels of management and deals directly with commercial distributor/vendor stocking representatives on issues affecting CAO.
- Work may be performed in the freeze and chill boxes exposing incumbent to extremes in temperature
- Must be able to wear any/all protective clothing provided, such as freezer gear.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580723100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.