This position is located in the Office of Inspections (ISP), Office of Inspector General (OIG) for the Department of State and the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). The incumbent serves as an Inspector with responsibility for conducting oversight of foreign assistance programs and activities through inspections of overseas missions and domestic bureaus.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent plans and conducts reviews of foreign assistance initiatives. These projects may include detailed reviews of foreign assistance implementing mechanisms, such as contracts, grants, cooperative agreements, interagency reimbursable agreements, and government-to-government assistance. In addition, the incumbent assesses strategic management of foreign assistance programs, including program design, chief of mission oversight of assistance activities, performance management, and strategic planning.
The incumbent performs duties and carries out continuing responsibilities for inspections including the following:
- Plans and organizes information, data, and sources.
- Conducts the pre-inspection preparation and all pertinent background reviews.
- Prepares appropriate sections of the inspection work plan and advises team leadership of areas of focus, identifies the scope and objectives, and recommends issues that should be examined during the assigned inspection.
- Conducts on-site inspection activities including on-site interviews, document reviews, physical assessments, and observation of activities.
- Informs team leadership of the inspection's progress, discusses initial findings and consults on any issues or unusual problems that may arise.
- Redirects, redefines, broadens or otherwise adjusts inspection activities to assure proper coverage.
- Supports all findings with evidence in accordance with CIGIE Quality Standards for Inspection and Evaluation and maintains appropriate records and files. Reviews documentation of other team members as appropriate.
- Writes clear and succinct draft reports for team leadership. Ensures that draft reports include the most important problems and issues along with sound recommendations for improvements.
25% or less - Travel up to 30% a year.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580710700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.