About the Position:Learn more about this agency
As a Public Affairs Specialist plans, writes, photographs and edits news articles for internal and external publications. Prepares news releases and media advisories for local media regarding 21st Theater Sustainment Command (TSC) activities. Organizes, executes and evaluates Public Affairs programs in the sustainment and improvement of media and public relations.
- Incumbent provides media escort for court martial?s and other command directed events and provides analysis of public perception of host nation and US Publics.
- Serves as personal speechwriter for the 21st TSC Commanding General (Major General) and when necessary the command group.
- Performs work in coordination with the Public Affairs Officer and receives speech requirements from the Commanding General, conducts independent research and prepares speeches for internal, external and international audiences.
- Serves as Media Relations and Command Information Program Public Affairs Specialist.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with local, national and international media officials and offices to obtain their support, cooperation and coordination on activities of mutual concern.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 5% for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580644600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.