This position is located in the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Research, Markets and Regulations Division, Office of Research. The incumbent will conduct economic analysis on difficult and complex topics to support CFPB functions.Learn more about this agency
See our tips on the application process and printable checklist to ensure each step of the application is completed.
The major duties of this position include:
- Supervise or conduct sophisticated economic analyses to address important economic and policy questions designed to provide information, analysis, technical advice, and recommendations on current developments in markets for consumer financial products. Support analysis with statistical, mathematical, and econometric methods and techniques, with a high degree of professional judgment:
- Oversee the establishment of methods and systems for quantitative and qualitative collection of data, designed to support the formulation and conduct of policies related to consumer behavior, consumer credit markets, and consumer financial services markets. Supervise or organize in the collection of data which may include planning and implementing surveys of households and firms;
- Oversee the development of techniques to maintain and develop databases and related information structures for research and policy-making, and oversee methods and systems for data collection or analysis of economic information relevant to formulation of policy;
- Oversee and lead the development and maintenance of econometric models of consumer financial markets for use in policy analysis;
- Oversee the analysis and interpretation of economic and related information and participates in the policy process – locate and address new and unique issues in consumer financial services markets, provides studies of various markets and industries, assists with implementation of policies, and evaluates existing policies. Demonstrate a subject matter expertise in a particular area of consumer finance.
Occasional travel - 1-5 days per month
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580546800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.