This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, United States Coast Guard, Deputy Commandant for Operations, Assistant Commandant for Prevention Policy, Inspections & Compliance Directorate, Boating Safety Division, Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
As a Program Analysis Officer in the Boating Safety Division, this position serves as Branch Chief, and is responsible for the daily supervision and administration of the Branch to ensure programs and projects are technically sound and consistent with United States Coast Guard (USCG) goals and Congressional intent. The position provides supervisory leadership and continuity necessary for planning, directing and executing Division operations, and serves as a subject matter expert on various recreational boating safety matters.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the team. Typical work assignments include:
- Performing a wide range of managerial and technical duties connected with the development, justification, and implementation of several key elements of the National Recreational Boating Safety (RBS) Program administered by USCG.
- Providing expert technical, policy and analytical support to the Office of Auxiliary and Boating Safety.
- Analyzing and evaluating the effectiveness of the RBS program in meeting established goals and objectives.
- Developing documentation and ensuring the National RBS Program compliance.
- Representing the Office and USCG at appropriate meetings or conferences to discuss issues affecting various recreational boating safety projects and activities.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580540500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.