About the Position: This position is located at Fort Hamilton in New York City, Bay Ridge Brooklyn, at the base of the world famous Verrazano Narrows Bridge, which is a viable cultural area. It is 20 minutes to mid-town Manhattan. The Fort Hamilton Military Community is home to the North Atlantic Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; New York City Recruiting Battalion; and New York Military Entrance Processing Station. Commuter buses and trains are readily accessible from this location.Learn more about this agency
- Manages the Garrison Directorate of Public Works (DPW) direct and reimbursable accounts.
- Performs overall garrison budget formulation, enactment, and execution phases of the budget cycle.
- Prepares documents needed to process budget estimates, request for supplemental appropriations, and allotments from higher headquarters needed to finance new programs or program changes brought about by legislative action.
- Monitors the execution of the approved operating budget to assure that funds are properly allocated and are being obligated and spent in a timely and effective manner.
- Attends meetings and conferences to resolve difficulties regarding budgetary and fiscal responsibilities, to provide authoritative budgetary and fiscal guidance to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory policy.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580347100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.